About the role
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead our development team in Mumbai. As our ideal candidate, you will be a member of the company’s senior leadership team and will be responsible for leading platform and application engineering for all the clients of Heady. You must
have a proven track record of successful product delivery through software as a service and have a reputation for driving change and delivering results. We are looking for an innovative leader with expertise at large scale backend development or native mobile development, who can lead all our engineering efforts. You will also be accountable for the stability and scalability of all the projects at Heady. Specifically, you will be responsible for the full development lifecycle through application and platform engineering, design and quality assurance.
Importantly, you must be capable of growing, developing and managing a large, high performance engineering organization of 50 or more engineers.
- Responsible for executing Heady’s overall technology vision, shaping its technical strategy, and driving its development execution that will firmly place Heady as the leader in providing cutting-edge applications to the market
- This person will help recruit world-class talent, manage the appropriate development methodologies, and create the proper organizational structure to drive a high performing development team to deliver the products to the clients with relentless execution
- Working actively in product development and leading in the trenches as needed, providing innovative solutions to real engineering problems and serving as an example to the engineering team.
Lead and drive Heady’s engineering strategy and direction, including short and long range goals and where to make investments
- Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and designing new software products
- Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs
- Developing the team’s industry knowledge, technical proficiencies and essential soft-skills
- Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
- Collaborate with the CEO, Product Teams and leaders across functions to define future product offerings/deliveries as well as evaluate technologies for corporate development
- Maintaining and enhancing software quality by various methods including lean startup principles, agile methodologies, XP and continuous delivery
- Presenting ideas on both; the technical and business sides and at the executive and team levels
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on client’s architectural needs
- Interact with prospective customers during product demos/evaluations
- Represent the technology perspective at client meetings
- Represent the technology perspective at board meetings
- Be responsible for overall headcount and engineering budget
- Travel to client locations for project on-boarding and technical consulting
- Enhance efficiency of development, test and release process; develop tools, frameworks
- Willing to invest significant time and token capital into the company
- Developing and sustaining a culture of passion, hard-work and innovation that will make Heady ‘ The Place to Work’
Qualification & Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related engineering field
- 12+ years of software experience, leading software development/delivery teams and organizations both onshore and offshore
- Previous senior leadership roles in product or application development and engineering for high growth companies
- Proven leadership of large-scale software teams that have delivered great products on deadline
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment
- Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
- Prior hands-on experience with IT software, application building, networks, software back-end, database, APIs and modern web front-end frameworks, in order to lead individuals and teams
- Entrepreneurial by nature and comfortable managing teams in a fast-moving, results-driven Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Great written and oral communication skills including the ability to train existing team in their soft skills as and when needed
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions
We offer a multitude of services – strategy, user experience design (UX), user Interface design (UI), software engineering, testing, marketing, analytics and maintenance – all of which come together to form a successful product.
We use a hybrid model: Our engineers are based in India, while our UX, UI, strategy, and lead management are in the US. We are not an outsourcing agency; having both regular meetings and a local presence is important to us, just as it is to our clients.